Muhamad Faisal Bin Abdul Manap
莫哈默费沙/முகம்மது பைசால் பின் அப்துல் மனாப்
- Muhamad Faisal’s first job after completing National Service was as a Technical Officer with the Housing and Development Board. After four years, he left to pursue further studies in Australia.
- After obtaining his degree, he began his social services career as a counsellor at MacPherson Family Service Centre before moving to another social agency. His work focused on family, marriage and pre-marriage counselling.
- In the 2011 General Election, Muhamad Faisal was part of the WP’s team which contested and won Aljunied GRC. The same Workers’ Party team was re-elected in 2015.
- In Parliament, he has spoken on various issues, especially those related to lower-income Singaporeans. As the only non-ruling party Malay MP, he also touched on issues facing the Malay-Muslim community.
- Muhamad Faisal has headed the Aljunied-Hougang Town Council’s (AHTC) Estate and Community Liaison Committee since 2011. He has been Chairman of AHTC since September 2018.
- Muhamad Faisal has been serving Kaki Bukit division of Aljunied GRC since 2011. He has been active in engaging Kaki Bukit residents through regular house visits, community events and welfare programmes.
Candidate information available in other languages here.
Experience with WP
- MP, Kaki Buki Division, Aljunied GRC (2011-Present)
- Central Executive Committee and Party Vice-Chair
- Bachelor of Science (Psychology), Monash University, Australia
- Diploma in Civil and Structural Engineering, Singapore Polytechnic
- Member of Parliament and Freelance Counsellor
- Married with three children
Hopes for Singapore
- To be a truly inclusive, cohesive and caring society.
- A balanced Parliament with an effective system of checks and balances.