Muhammad Azhar Bin Abdul Latip
阿扎拉迪 / முகம்மது அஸார் பின் அப்துல் லத்திப்
- Azhar embarked on his formal education with Guangyang Primary and then Bedok North Primary before moving on to Bedok View Secondary School. He completed his A levels at Meridian Junior College.
- He did his undergraduate studies at NUS, majoring in Political Science.
- After graduation, Azhar began carving out a career in the area of marine insurance, first as a claims specialist with a home-grown firm before becoming an insurance broker with an international broking house.
- His career came to a grinding halt when he met with an accident in 2014 which disabled him. Undeterred, Azhar has picked up the pieces and continues to soldier on in life.
- Azhar is looking forward to commencing training as a para-athlete and hopes to one day represent Singapore in international competitions.
Candidate information available in other languages here.
Experience with WP
- Grassroots work in Kaki Bukit Division of Aljunied GRC with MP Faisal Manap
- Grassroots work in Fengshan SMC
- Bachelor of Arts (Political Science), National University of Singapore
- Self Employed (Grab driver and running a small business)
- Divorced with one child
Hopes for Singapore
- To have complete transparency, fairness and accountability in all areas of government, public administration and the economy.
- A political system allowing greater representation of ethnic minorities in all areas of governance.
- Creating a society whose emphasis is not on class and status, and where the weak and vulnerable are protected and given the necessary assistance.