- Leon contested in East Coast GRC in 2015 and was appointed a Non-Constituency Member of Parliament (NCMP) in the 13th Parliament, serving on the Public Accounts Committee of Parliament.
- He was an Assistant Head with the Economic Development Board and is the Founding CEO of a consultancy operating in 10 countries in the past two decades.
- Leon served as a front-line volunteer with a family service centre for 10 years, and has served as a board member and volunteer in several Singapore NGOs and VWOs.
- He has spoken in Parliament on the need to nurture vibrant local enterprises, to foster critical thinking in schools and to enhance social mobility and resilience.
Candidate information available in other languages here.
Experience with WP
- Non-Constituency MP (2015 – Present)
- Central Executive Committee: Youth Wing President, Deputy Media Chair
- Grassroots work in Aljunied GRC and East Coast GRC.
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Philosophy, Politics and Economics, Oxford University
- CEO of an international market research consultancy that is part of a Japanese public-listed firm
- Married with two children aged 12 and 14
Hopes for Singapore
- A united people best guaranteed by a Parliament reflecting society’s diversity of viewpoints and experiences, emerging from fair and transparent electoral processes.
- Stable politics through developing a responsible alternative party to protect the national interest if the ruling party falters, rather than the risky option of one-party dominance.
- A Singapore that can navigate disruptive economic and geopolitical change, not by replicating past policies but by being attuned to global trends and innovating in policy-making.