Dennis Tan Lip Fong
陈立峰/டெனிஸ் டான் லிப் ஃபொங்
- Dennis contested in the 2015 General Election in Fengshan SMC and was appointed a Non-Constituency Member of Parliament (NCMP) in the 13th Parliament, serving on the Public Petitions Committee of Parliament.
- Dennis had his early education at Nanyang Primary, Raffles Institution and Raffles Junior College.
- As an NSman, Dennis served as a battalion principal staff officer holding the rank of Captain before phasing into MINDEF Reserve.
- Dennis has spoken regularly in Parliament on various issues, especially those relating to transport (MRT breakdowns and e-scooters and issues relating to the maritime industry and air transportation), defence (training safety for NS personnel), climate change and recycling, corporate governance of our government-linked companies (GLCs), and law.
Candidate information available in other languages here.
Experience with WP
- Non-Constituency MP (since 2015)
- Assisting MP for Hougang SMC, Png Eng Huat in Grassroots work
- Central Executive Committee: Organising Secretary, former Treasurer
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours), University of Nottingham
- Master of Maritime Law, University of Southampton
- Lawyer at shipping law firm, DennisMathiew
- Married with a four-year old daughter
Hopes for Singapore
- More alternate voices in Parliament, because the PAP does not have all the answers to the present and future challenges which Singapore faces.
- More robust political competition, which is necessary for the long-term survival of the country; the PAP’s super-majority in Parliament is bad for our country.
- For Singaporeans to have a greater say on how they would like their country to be, and for the government of the day to always respect the wishes of the people.