Abdul Shariff Bin Aboo Kassim
阿都沙利/அப்துல் ஷரிஃப் பின் அபு காசிம்
- Disrupted studies at Secondary Four to do factory work.
- After National Service, worked at various jobs, including market shop assistant, security guard, dispatch rider and undertaker, and after obtaining GCE O Levels, as Technical Support Officer at the Ministry of Law.
- Studied full-time as a mature student at Ngee Ann Polytechnic and secured engineering jobs thereafter.
- Throughout his tertiary studies, he worked as a NightRider bus driver part-time and also a relief taxi driver to pay his expenses
Candidate information available in other languages here.
Experience with WP
- Grassroots work in Eunos Division, Aljunied GRC, assisting in MP Pritam Singh’s Meet the People Sessions, welfare outreach programmes and other events
- Bachelor of Science (Economics), Singapore Management University
- Master of Tri-Sector Collaboration, Singapore Management University
- Former Researcher
- Married with two children
Hopes for Singapore
- That all understand that political opposition is a necessary part of a democracy to ensure checks and balances, good governance and voters’ policy choices.
- Acceptance that the values and principles enshrined in the pledge are not mere aspirations but targets.
- That the poor, elderly, single-mothers (including unwed ones), ethnic minorities, the disabled, and other groups are not excluded from the vision of an inclusive society and that misconceptions about them are dispelled.
- The building of a harmonious society held together by genuine understanding and appreciation between diverse groups and not mere tolerance for one another due to compulsion by law.